I know of at least one carnivore, not omnivore, but carnivore that just cannot abide vegetables with the exception of potatoes. And it is with this person in mind that I made this dish, a way for her to not even notice that there are dreaded legumes sharing the plate with her beloved sausages.
I used of course, the fabulous sausages that I got from Eumundi Smokehouse which are so flavoursome you only need 2/3 a sausage for this whole dish. This dish also has the advantage of being really easy to make, and can be done in a frantic 5 minutes or a leisurely 10 minutes with most of the pain being in the fairly insignificant amount of chopping.
Lentil and chorizo salad
An original recipe by Not Quite Nigella
- 2/3 of a 10cm long chorizo (or similar type of sausage) cut into discs, then cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 400g tin organic lentils drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Splash of balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, fry chorizo in dry pan until lightly browned, add oil and then fry garlic and onion until onion is soft.
2. Add drained tin of lentils and season with salt and pepper and oregano.
I added chopped walnuts although I think you could easily leave these out.
If you enjoyed this post, why not share it with your friends?